I’m a technology professional and open source enthusiast from Ontario, Canada. My ongoing career is in healthcare data management, focusing on data warehousing and business intelligence. However, as I’ve learned more about myself and career opportunities possibilities my professional passion and learning focus has changed to web development.
When it comes to abilities and interests, I tend more towards polymath than specialist. With a web app for example, having some part in all areas and the ways in which they work together - front-end, back-end, infrastructure, security, deployment and operations - is more engaging than being an expert in one. This may make it harder for me to find a role in very large projects, but with a smaller team or scope, I believe I could provide greater value.
Skills and Interests
- Operating Systems: Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Databases: MongoDB, MariaDB/MySql, MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Tools: Git, Vim, Apache Server, Docker, Ansible, cURL, Postman
- Platforms: GitHub, GitLab, Heroku
- Knowledge Domains:
- Software design and development
- Procedural, object-oriented and functional paradigms
- Application lifecycle management
- Dependency management
- Git-based workflows - Git flow, GitHub flow, GitLab flow
- Business analysis
- Data science